SPAIN GOLDEN VISA
Spain launched its golden visa program in 2013. With an investment of 500,000 Euros in real estate, you can get residency in Spain for you and your family. The 500,000 Euros can be invested in one property or multiple properties where the total value adds up to 500,000 Euros. This visa can be renewed every two years and after five years it is possible to gain permanent residency and after ten years citizenship. It is not necessary to live in Spain in order to retain and renew the residency visa permit.
ESSENTIAL INVESTMENT RULES OF SPANISH INVESTMENT VISA
- Minimum investment of 500,000 Euros. Keep in mind that there is 11-14 % buying cost for properties such as tax, stamp duty, VAT, notary, lawyer, etc. (Please refer to our buyer’s guide for detailed information on the buying cost)
- Investment can be made through a foreign company in which you have the majority of the shares.
- The residence visa is issued to immediate family members including spouse and children up to 18 years of age.
- There is no requirement for minimum stay in Spain. It is optional to stay in Spain.
- Your property investment can be sold after 5 years when you obtain permanent residency.
- The visa allows the holder unlimited travel within EU Schengen visa countries.
- All investments should be finalized and documented before applying for the visa.
We collaborate with an expert immigration lawyer who will take care of your application process for the residency. The total approximate cost is between 1,500 – 2,500 Euros + 21% VAT.
For further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.